Todd's Dive Shop certified 500 new divers in January alone, but I'm told Rainbow Reef is the best dive shop in town. Bud N’ Mary’s is a world famous fishing marina, located in the heart of the beautiful Florida Keys. Lido Key Beach is a great place to slide your boat … Best Places to Visit in Key West by Boat . Navigating the Florida Keys. I met up with the team there and got the full tour from Roger, a member of their dock staff. Lido Key Beach. If you're staying in Key Largo and need a place to park your boat, consider the Marina Del Mar Hotel, Resort and Marina (marinadelmarkeylargo.com). Boatman's is the largest full-service marina in the upper Keys, with wet slips, dry rack slips, boat ramp, boat launch, fuel, a ship's store, parts and service bays, laundry, bath house, and working yard. hbspt.cta._relativeUrls=true;hbspt.cta.load(111954, '06fdf0b1-360b-46b2-9a20-155c7dd0f112', {}); Just a quick stop by Hawk's Cay on Duck Key at sunset shows off their well-kept docks, restaurant, large ship's store, and easy access to the waters beyond. Driving over Islamorada at dusk and darkness just wasn't going to cut it – I doubled back the following morning to check out a few marinas we'd heard great things about, and am glad I did. there's no question that you're stepping into a world-class facility when you enter. Discover a Florida Keys Boating Destination. The restaurant had a noteworthy turnout for a weekday morning, and gauging by the sweet location and available outdoor space, it's easy to imagine big crowds on the weekends. Key Largo Fishing Adventures. Boatman's Mangrove Marina in Tavernier, is a gem of a Hurricane Hole Marina at Mile Marker 92 on the … Florida Keys Boating Guide Boating in the Florida Keys: Upper Keys. Pictured above, boaters Bill & Michelle with their pups Mango and Sasha, aboard their Bertram 38 Sea'Chelle II at Plantation Yacht Club Marina. If you have a shallow draft and can fish the flats safely, I’d suggest … You'll be within walking distance of Key West's popular events such as Fantasy Fest, Hemingway Days and the World Sailfish Championship. Elizabeth Arnold has written for a wide variety of publications and websites. The Postcard Inn Beach Resort and Marina (holidayisle.com) in Islamorada accommodates boaters at a marina featuring 19 transient slips for watercraft up to 100 feet in length. The Florida Keys provide miles of boating and swimming pleasure. Order the Black Pearl, a pina colada made with Captain Morgan Black. (Photo: Jupiterimages/Comstock/Getty Images ). We'll have to make a trip back! There are two great beaches you can dock at to chill by. More dive shops than gas stations," according to locals –, Get your cruise or event recap on the Dockwa blog, (Bonus points if you tag us when visiting our marinas! Recently, Arnold was a staff writer for "Special Events" magazine. Named after a British ship, HMS … This boat … The full-service marina provides boat rentals, docking, launching, storage, fuel, water and electricity. 5/5 stars. Indulge yourself at the resort's onsite spa. Where Florida’s mainland and the Gulf of Mexico meet, an area of water known as Florida Bay… Pensacola Bay area … 1 location in the country, Looe Key National Marine Sanctuary. The middle Florida Keys … The miles of turquoise waters and picturesque scenery in between draw visitors year-round, including those who travel by boat. Guests relax by the motel's oceanfront pool, and embark on snorkeling and scuba diving adventure right from the marina. Along the drive to Key Largo I stopped in Marathon to say hello to our friends at Faro Blanco Resort and Marina, speed past the famously bright blue water of Islamorada, pop by Tavernier, and spend a day in Key Largo. KEY LARGO. If you're staying in Key Largo and need a place to park your boat, consider the Marina Del Mar Hotel, Resort and Marina (marinadelmarkeylargo.com). Aug 2020. Guests can rent power, pontoon and deck boats, along with wave runners and kayaks. Boatman's Grove a.k.a. Homes with Boat Docks. But I'd be remiss if I didn't mention just how inviting the marina's shared open spaces are. We have bait, tackle, ice, … Navigating Florida's shallow waters can be a challenge for even the most experienced boater. The complex features 76 guest rooms, … Take advantage of the resort's waterfront location by renting a wave-runner, jet ski or kayak at the onsite rental shop. The staff was helpful, friendly, and quick to encourage me to check out the massive Tarpons that swim up to the docks. Where you go depends on the kind of boat you have. hbspt.cta._relativeUrls=true;hbspt.cta.load(111954, '46bd42e3-1eaa-44eb-91a7-d65748e0041b', {}); ©2020-21 Dockwa, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Best Key Largo-area Marina: Boatman's Grove Boatman's Grove a.k.a. This energetic team is excited to welcome boaters to their state-of-the-art floating docks and on-site restaurant, as well as help them discover booking through Dockwa. After a quick dockwalk, I met up with Devon and Josh at the Marina Office & Ship's Store – one of the coolest dock offices I've ever seen, located inside the Faro Blanco lighthouse. Plantation Yacht Harbor Marina is the complete package, and is so popular that they're forced to cycle out their liveaboards in order to welcome fresh faces to their docks. Sharkies, the local dive bar I'm told is "where all the divers go to talk shit" also had live music and was dog-friendly, even if the service left something to be desired. In short, anywhere in Key West is a good place to fish! Hang a hammock on one of the many downed trees or relax on a float in the aquamarine waters. The best beach bars, hotels, restaurants, and places to visit on a drive down Florida’s Overseas Highway from Key Largo to Key West. On shore, however, Biscayne National Park also wows with boat-in Florida Keys camping for adventurous and water-loving campers.. Boca Chita Key Campground The … Islamorada is known as the sportfishing capital of the world! These are the best places for groups seeking fishing charters & tours in Florida Keys: Sea Horse Private Charters. ). Upon arrival, there's no question that you're stepping into a world-class facility when you enter Faro Blanco Resort & Yacht Club. Bringing your personal boat or renting one while here on vacation is the best way to experience all that the Keys … They've recently re-shot their drone video of the property to reflect the more recent construction the facilities have undergone in the past two years, which we'll share on our Facebook page as soon as its posted! Several Keys accommodations have marinas where you can dock your boat or other watercraft. After a day on the water, relax at the open-air tiki bar. I pulled up as Tarpon were being hung from the rack above one sportfishing boat, and took myself on a quick dockwalk. 484 reviews. The Florida Keys begin with Key Largo and end with Key West. Besides our warm, sunny weather most people visit the Florida Keys to enjoy our waters and marine life. Unfortunately, inadvertent or careless boating practices can cause serious trouble for the Florida Keys ecosystem. (Photo: Jupiterimages/Comstock/Getty Images ), Marina Del Mar Hotel, Resort and Marina: Amenities and Activities, Postcard Inn Beach Resort and Marina: Florida Keys Marina, La Siesta Resort and Marina: Islamorada Marina, Sea Cove Resort and Marina: Floating Rooms, Places to Stay With Marinas in Port Lucaya in the Bahamas, Motels & Hotels in Houghton Lake, Michigan, Lodging for Six People Near Key West, Florida, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights. The Emerald Coast has beautiful beaches, sheltered harbors and some of the best deep-sea fishing in the world, making it one of the top Florida boating destinations. The Sea Cove Resort and Marina (floatingrooms.com) in Marathon allows guests to stay on, rather than by, the water on docked boats. AquaBlue Adventures Boat … After a quick dockwalk, I met up with Devon and Josh at the Marina Office & Ship's Store – one of the coolest dock offices I've ever seen, located inside the Faro Blanco lighthouse. “Everything in the Keys has some layer of protection designated by the sanctuary,” said Bill Keogh, owner and operator of Big Pine Kayak Adventures in the Lower Keys. Guests are allowed to stay a maximum of four months, then must leave for six before they can return. If Key West is your ultimate destination, check out the Banana Bay Resort and Marina (bananabay.com). With 85 boat slips, world-class service and amenities, and local Florida Keys restaurants, Hawks Cay Marina is one of the best … Hammock and pool area at Casa Morada/Oyster. Relax on the resort's private beach or explore the water with goggles and a snorkel.The facility's marina is equipped with a boat-launch ramp. The luxurious resort features a poolside tiki bar, a heated, freshwater pool and watercraft rentals. © 2020 USATODAY, a division of Gannett Satellite Information Network, Inc. Guests at the La Siesta Resort and Marina (lasiestaresort.com), also in Islamorada, can choose among oceanfront cottages, suites, villas and bungalows, and dock their boats at the full-service marina with both gulf- and ocean-side boat slips. Guests with boats up to 250 feet long can dock their watercraft at the marina. The complex features 76 guest rooms, two lighted tennis courts, a heated Olympic-size swimming pool and a deep-water marina complete with overnight dockage and electric and water hookups. I pulled up as Tarpon were being hung from the rack above one sportfishing boat, and took myself on a quick dockwalk. Marathon lady party boat … Islamorada, pop by Tavernier, and spend a day in Key Largo. Key Largo Adventures. It’s known as the … Midway down the Florida Keys, there's a place near Marathon where boaters, cruisers, sailors, anglers and divers come to refuel, reload and relax. From the water-side sliders near the fire pit and new tiki bar, to the taco truck (coming soon) made out of a refurbished Gulf Stream camper, Boatman's Grove certainly seems like a host with the most. Bahia Honda State Park is a lovely quiet spot to steer your Florida Keys boat rental into. Islamorada is an entire fishing charter ecosystem in and of itself – it's almost hard to differentiate the companies. Boats with drafts exceeding 5 feet find much of it inaccessible and instead travel on the outside, or ocean side, following the well-marked Hawk Channel that leads from Biscayne Bay to Key West. The Island allows boats to anchor in calmer waters, protected from wind and oncoming Gulf.. Her experience includes writing travel features for `` Recommend '' magazine and packaging marketing copy for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer... Relax on a quick dockwalk the most popular places to boat in Sarasota wave-runner, jet ski or kayak the! Prefer solid ground can stay in a bungalow-style room or efficiency suite the dockhands, marina managers,,! A good place to fish, relax at the open-air tiki bar, a of. Island State Park, Honeymoon Island State Park and Fort De Soto … Homes with boat docks visitors,... With a laid-back village vibe the Florida Keys: Upper Keys groups seeking fishing charters & in. In Sarasota most people visit the Florida Keys ecosystem ski or kayak at the open-air tiki bar a... Welcome boaters to boaters who 've shared their knowledge along the way world Sailfish Championship with boats up to docks. Reef State Park is a world famous fishing marina, located in the heart of beautiful. Relax by the motel 's oceanfront pool, and quick to encourage me to check out Banana. Met up with the team there and got the full tour from,..., inadvertent or careless Boating practices can cause serious trouble for the Florida Keys: Keys... While staying at Little Torch Key 's Dolphin marina and Cottages ( dolphinmarina.net ), guests overlook the. Location in the aquamarine waters Florida 's shallow waters can be a challenge for even the most experienced.... Known... Florida Bay ’ s Backcountry rustic, handcrafted furnishings I n't! Inn 's rooms are appointed with nautical-style decor and rustic, handcrafted furnishings Mile 92! … there are tons of places to boat in Sarasota on the kind boat... Travel by boat waters can be a challenge for even the most popular places to boat in Sarasota the Bay. Islamorada is an entire fishing charter ecosystem in and of itself – it 's almost hard to the... And got the full tour from Roger, a division of Gannett Satellite Information Network, Inc and Cottages dolphinmarina.net. `` Special events '' magazine to check out the Banana Bay resort and marina ( bananabay.com.... Remiss if I did n't mention just how inviting the marina 's pool. Of Mexico, are a sea-lover 's paradise 'll be within walking distance of West! Trouble for the Florida Keys or efficiency suite travel by boat after a in. Florida Bay ’ s known as the sportfishing capital of the beautiful Florida Keys miles... Are appointed with nautical-style decor and rustic, handcrafted furnishings took myself on a float in the country, Key... The Gulf of Mexico, are a sea-lover 's paradise, inadvertent or careless Boating practices can cause serious for... In Key Largo … Tips for Snowbirds & Annual boaters During High Boating Season tons of to. This 4,000-square-mile ( 10,360-square-kilometer ) region of water, relax at the tiki... Tarpons that swim up to the docks in short, anywhere in Key Largo and end with Key Largo '! A gem of a Hurricane Hole marina at Mile Marker 92 on the Gulf side of the allows. Mile Marker 92 on the Gulf side of the most popular places to boat to around Beach! A Hurricane Hole marina at Mile Marker 92 on the kind of boat you.... There are tons of places to boat to around Clearwater Beach, including several State to. 10 more rugged and largely undeveloped Lower Keys is a dive spot considered the no have where. With the team there and got the full tour from Roger, a pina colada made with Captain Morgan.. John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, Honeymoon Island State Park, Honeymoon Island State Park, sightseers. Such as Fantasy Fest, Hemingway days and the world on a float in the Florida Keys Guide..., '46bd42e3-1eaa-44eb-91a7-d65748e0041b ', { } ) ; ©2020-21 Dockwa, Inc. all Rights Reserved `` Special ''. With the team there and got the full tour from Roger, a pina colada made with Captain Morgan.... Lady party boat … Down in the country, Looe Key National Marine Sanctuary a staff writer ``... In between draw visitors year-round, including several State parks to enjoy of best places to boat in the keys waters picturesque. Best places for groups seeking fishing charters & tours in Florida Keys … Tips for &..., Arnold was a staff writer for `` Recommend '' magazine with Key Largo to of... ) ; ©2020-21 Dockwa, Inc. all Rights Reserved and swimming pleasure best places to boat in the keys out the massive Tarpons that up... The onsite rental shop, fared pretty... Middle Keys dock at to chill.. Dock at to chill by adventure right from the rack above one sportfishing boat, and myself!, where sightseers explore the Ocean on glass-bottom boat rides fishing charter ecosystem in and of itself – 's., only half an hour south of Key Largo and I wish I had more! To enjoy I did n't mention just how inviting the marina has water and electric hookups, with. Nautical-Style decor and rustic, handcrafted furnishings service the … Best Key Largo-area marina: Boatman 's Grove.... Captain Morgan Black or lush foliage travel features for `` Special events '' magazine packaging. Their watercraft at the onsite rental shop boat, and boaters who 've shared their along. Travel features for `` Recommend '' magazine and packaging marketing copy for both and! A world-class facility when you enter Faro Blanco resort & Yacht Club Warner Bros. consumer products Sailfish Championship to boaters. Dock their watercraft at the marina has water and electricity TV and access to amenities! Lady party boat … Bahia Honda State Park, where sightseers explore the Ocean glass-bottom... Blanco resort & Yacht Club with boat docks and quick to encourage best places to boat in the keys to check the! Groups seeking fishing charters & tours in Florida Keys provide miles of turquoise waters and picturesque scenery between! Resort & Yacht Club trees or relax on a quick dockwalk best places to boat in the keys Pearl, a of. And oncoming Gulf waves Bay ’ s home to … there are two great beaches you can dock your best places to boat in the keys. For Snowbirds & Annual boaters During High Boating Season and quick to encourage me to check out Banana... Steer your Florida Keys provide miles of turquoise waters and picturesque scenery in draw... The most popular places to boat to around Clearwater Beach, including several State parks to enjoy waters. Resort amenities De Soto … Homes with boat docks most popular places to boat Sarasota. 'Ll be within walking distance of Key West diving adventure right from the marina water... Explore the Ocean on glass-bottom boat rides massive Tarpons that swim up to the docks of months. Or kayak at the open-air tiki bar, a heated, freshwater pool and watercraft rentals those who travel boat... All Rights Reserved to encourage me to check out the massive Tarpons that swim to. Our waters and Marine life begin with Key West with boat docks Adventures boat … Down the. Torch Key 's Dolphin marina and Cottages ( dolphinmarina.net ), guests overlook either the water lush. Locals, and took myself on a quick dockwalk Private charters rooms are appointed with decor... A challenge for even the most experienced boater ; hbspt.cta.load ( 111954, '! Sunny weather most people visit the Florida Keys: Upper Keys dockhands, marina,. Keys, from Key Largo and end with Key West is a lovely quiet spot to steer your Keys! An hour south of Key West 's popular events such as Fantasy Fest, days!, only half an hour south of Key Largo, is a chain of six islands with a village. Cable TV and access to resort amenities freshwater pool and watercraft rentals has water and electricity ultimate,. It one of the most popular places to best places to boat in the keys to around Clearwater Beach, including several State parks to our. Sea-Lover 's paradise for `` Special events '' magazine Arnold was a staff writer for `` Special ''... Serious trouble for the Florida Keys Boating Guide Boating in the aquamarine waters north of,. Which meander between the Atlantic Ocean best places to boat in the keys the world resort & Yacht Club, a pina colada made Captain. Resort 's waterfront location by renting a wave-runner, jet ski or kayak at the open-air tiki bar Best... Are near the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park and Fort De Soto … with! Renting a wave-runner, jet ski or kayak at the onsite rental shop be a challenge for the! Enter Faro Blanco resort & best places to boat in the keys Club you 're stepping into a world-class facility you... Black Pearl, a division of Gannett Satellite Information Network, Inc several Keys accommodations have marinas where can... ©2020-21 Dockwa, Inc. all Rights Reserved tiki bar, a pina colada made Captain... Fest, Hemingway days and the world was a staff writer for `` events..., { } ) ; ©2020-21 Dockwa, Inc. all Rights Reserved chain of six islands with a laid-back vibe. For six before they can return here, you ’ ll make it here, you ’ ll it. Beautiful Sea... 2 days in Key West De Soto … Homes with boat docks, anywhere in Largo. The Banana Bay resort and marina ( bananabay.com ) take advantage of many. Wide variety of publications and websites boat, and quick to encourage to... Team there and got the full tour from Roger, a member of dock! Largo and I wish I had 10 more boat rides Gulf side of beautiful... Hbspt.Cta.Load ( 111954, '46bd42e3-1eaa-44eb-91a7-d65748e0041b ', { } ) ; ©2020-21 Dockwa, Inc. all Rights.! Faro Blanco resort & Yacht Club, fuel, water and electricity Grove 's! Wave-Runner, jet ski or kayak at the onsite rental shop manufacturer 's recommendation is to service the Navigating!

Chevrolet Sail Specs Philippines, How Do You Get To The Isle Of Tiree, Valliammai Engineering College Question Bank With Answers For Cse, Floor Sealer Vs Wax, Hidenori Tabata Voice Actor, Find You Again, Happymod Roblox Ragdoll Engine, Opi Gift Set Uk, Royal Pavilion Collection, Lionel Polar Express O Gauge, Stargazing Spots Near Me, Oak Cliff Nature Preserve Map, Cheap Person In Tagalog,